SYM 506 Grand Canyon Week 8 Complete Work
SYM 506 Grand Canyon Week 8 Discussion 1
A market researcher is interested in knowing the type of training that works best for DVD users. Thirty consumers are randomly selected from a population of known DVD owners (i.e., users). Ten users are trained by giving them the DVD user’s manual and allowing them to read it. Another ten users are trained from a 30 minute DVD user training video. Another ten users are trained from a self-paced computer tutorial. The users are then timed in their ability to setup and program the DVD by performing a series of operations. Which statistical analysis technique should be used? What is the null hypothesis? Can the market researcher get an answer? Why or why not?
SYM 506 Grand Canyon Week 8 Discussion 2
A client gives you a data set of 30 observed values that represent the number of gallons of gas that 30 individual Nissan Sentra owners purchased at the gas pump last month. Your client wants to know if the data set represents a normal distribution. Which statistical analysis technique should be used? What is the null hypothesis? Can an analysis be performed? Why or why not?
SYM 506 Grand canyon Week 8 Assignment Problem Set 8
Complete exercises 10.55, 10.57 (parts a and b only), 10 .59 (part a only), and 10 .61 (part a only)
- For 10 .59, refer to the “ER Waiting” file.
- For 10 .61, refer to the “Coffee Sales” file.
- Exercises 10.59 and 10.61 require the use of the “One-Way ANOVA” function within the Data Analysis menu in Excel. Refer to Appendix E10 for instructions on using Excel for these exercises.
Complete exercise 11 .25.
Complete exercises 12 .1, 12. 4, 12. 9, 12 .17, 12. 21, and 12 .43 (assume “Calories” is the “x” variable and “Fat” is the “y” variable).
- For 12 .4, refer to the “Pet Food” file.
- For 12 .9, refer to the “Rent” file.
- For 12 .17, refer to the “Restaurants” file.
- For 12 .21, refer to the “Rent” file.
- For 12 .43, refer to the “Restaurants” file.
Exercises 12 .17, 12. 21, and 12 .43 require the use of the “Regression” function within the Data Analysis menu in Excel. Refer to Appendix E12 for instructions on using Excel for these exercises.
For problems requiring computations, please ensure that your Excel file includes the associated cell computations and/or statistics output; this information is needed in order to receive full credit on these problems.
Submit output in one Excel file.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
After reviewing the assigned readings, write a paper of 1,000-1,500 words that considers ethical issues in business statistics and discuss how your personal values can be applied to them. This assignment is primarily introspective in nature and students will be given significant latitude in addressing specific questions.
Include a brief introduction that outlines your paper.
In the Reflection Before Action: The Statistical Consultant Confronts Ethical Issues article, the authors cite the American Statistical Association’s Ethical Guidelines for Statistical Practice (see the section “Ethics Provides a Defensible Response” in the article).
- Which ethical guideline from the articles is most applicable to you and why? How does this article (or articles) affect your personal decision-making as related to statistics and ethics?
- How can the ethical issues raised, be addressed from a Christian worldview? In other words, what guidance, using principles from a Christian worldview perspective, could be applied to understand and address these ethical issues?
Provide a conclusion that summarizes your perspectives.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.