SOCIOLOGY 101 Research in Sociology
For this assignment, you will make a posting of 2–3 paragraphs to the Discussion Board in which you must answer the following questions:
- What are some potential methods of researching the gender, race, and ethnicity of individuals in American prisons?
- Specifically, what are ways in which the gender, race, and ethnicity of individuals in American prisons could be studied using interpretative and critical frameworks?
- What would you change, and why?
- What different types of information or data would you likely obtain using this research process?
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s):
- Unit 5: Research in Sociology
- Unit 5: The Science of Sociology Research
- Unit 5: Conducting Research
- Unit 5: Sociology Information Flow
The following rubric will be used for grading:
|Initial response to the DB question||35%|
|Evidenced additional research supporting the student’s response to the DB question||35%|
|Comments on other students’ postings that serve to further the discussion, apply real-world examples, or lend to enhancing the clarity of the concepts||20%|
|Adherence to assignment deadlines, length requirement, correct spelling and proper grammar, and properly formatted per APA style||10%|