BIS 155 Complete Week DQ Pack Latest-DeVry
BIS 155 Complete Week DQ Pack Latest-DeVry
BIS 155 Week 1 DQ 1 Latest
Special Course Preparedness (graded)
Please read the course announcements and the Syllabus in particular. Pay particular attention to grading, attendance, discussion requirements, and the last portion of the Plagiarism section (Using APA) of the Syllabus. Address each of the items below:
Have you taken COMP100? It is a prerequisite to this course.
Do you have Microsoft Excel 2016 software?
If not, have you accessed the Virtual Lab – Citrix to use Excel 2016?
Discuss the Syllabus – what was one thing that stood out and why?
Provide two examples of APA citations – one to cite a web reference, and one to cite a book or journal. NOTE: a URL is not an APA citation.
BIS 155 Week 1 DQ 2 Latest
Getting Familiar With Excel (graded)
Excel was introduced in 1985. Since then, it has become a standard business tool.
Discuss and explain at least six different (unique) features of Excel that make it a valuable business tool.
Discuss what type of Excel skills would be important in today’s job market and why. Be specific.
Note: In addition to the Microsoft Excel 2016 overview in the Course Home section, there are many Excel resources in addition to your text on the Web. For example, try an Internet search on “top ten Excel 2016 features” and sift through some of the resources. Be sure to read your classmates’ posts, and see how many features you can find that haven’t been listed yet.
BIS 155 Week 2 DQ Latest
Formulas and Functions (graded)
One of the benefits of Excel is the ability to use formulas and functions.
1. Discuss the differences between formulas and functions. Pick a function in Excel and discuss how that function is used to calculate results in your worksheets. Review your classmates’ posts to make sure that you’re not duplicating formulas or functions already discussed. Using the following scenarios, discuss how you would apply the Excel functions or create a formula to solve the scenario. Be specific!
- You wish to calculate the commission on sales. The commission is 6% on all sales that are at least 20% above cost.
- You wish to calculate the total pay for an employee who receives regular time for 40 hours, time and a half for 40–50 hours, and double time for hours over 50.
- You have a list of contracts and due dates for annual maintenance fees. You wish to determine when you have a contract due in the next 45 days and provide a note that warns you that the payment is due.
- Please feel free to add other, unique mathematical challenge questions to the discussion, and let us work together to figure out how you might calculate it.
BIS 155 Week 3 DQ Latest
Data Analysis Tools (graded)
1. Excel provides many different ways in which to analyze data. Discuss the different methods by which you can analyze data in your spreadsheet. That is, try an Internet search for “data analysis with excel,” or use some of the methods you learned in this week’s lesson. (Please don’t use the same methods. Show your research and creativity skills.)
2. Assume the role of a regional manager for a retail organization looking at ways to analyze the large amounts of sales data you have. Give some examples.
Note: As you answer these questions, a recommended approach would be to attach a sample Excel spreadsheet that you can use to illustrate your answers.
BIS 155 Week 5 DQ Latest
Specialized and Statistical Functions (graded)
1. Discuss and compare the the specialized and statistical functions in Excel. You may need to research your answer.
2. Under what circumstances would you use logical and lookup functions? What financial and statistical functions exist for use? Give examples of how each can be used.
Please include your research references in APA format.
BIS 155 Week 6 DQ Latest
What-If Analysis (graded)
Life is full of questions and each question deserves a good answer. Let’s explore the What-If Analysis tools available in Excel. Explain how these tools are used to assist with solid decision making. Give examples of how each of the What-If Analysis tools can be used practically. Please include your research references in APA format.
BIS 155 Week 7 DQ Latest
Expert Tools (graded)
1. Excel shares very well with other applications. Why does it import data so easily from other external sources? What features make it easy to manipulate this imported data?
2. Adding a macro to an Excel workbook is almost like clicking the “Easy” button. They can automate very simple tasks. Why are people often intimidated by macros?